 Local / Australia / 2844
RE: New Pricing??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 05:59:17 GMT

Another bit of info...BigW has Mickeys fire truck at $12 or so, yet in the
US it's $10US, and in Canada, $14 Can [1]...Does this mean:
1) World parity pricing where it matters :)
2) Mickey Mouse isn't popular here, and the cheap price is to get interest
3) LA were forced to bring the sets in and want to be rid of them as soon as
possible. [This would also explain the soccer sets :) ]
4) Some other obscure reason

It'd be interesting to find out which of the above is the reason :)

[1] from a post in lugnet.general recently, complaining about prices...It's
nice to know that the Seppo's don't mind others having to pay top$, but if
they have to pay a higher price they think everyone is against them [similar
thing when the sets they want aren't available in the US...Castle sets with
silver armor, etc.] <G,D&R>

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)