 Local / Australia / 2817
2816  |  2818
Subject:
New Pricing??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 01:45:52 GMT

After my regular Friday night Lego sweep of Bris. City a couple of weeks
ago, I discovered that the new Adventurers stuff was in Target. The big
plane (I can't remember it's set number) was there and priced at $39.
'This is quite cheap' I thought 'I was sure it would be about $50'. I
decided last week to check why I had expected it to be more expensive
than it was. The plane is priced at RRP $20US on Lugnet, the same price
as the Snowspeeder and Naboo Fighter. But both those models are priced
at $56 (or thereabouts) at Target and the new plane at $39. I then
decided to check on some of the other models in the new Adventurers
range. Most of them were cheaper than the equivalent Star Wars models.
On the topic of the Star Wars stuff, I noticed that in K-Mart
Indooropilly, all the Star Wars stuff was cheap, including the Pod Race
set for $90 and the Gungan Sub for $53. The prices seemed to be about
25% less than Target and Myer.

My question is has anyone noticed a lowering of price in any range other
than Adventurers? I rang LA to ask them if they were responsible for the
price drop (like for the Soccer sets) and they denied it but I'm
suspicious. It seems that new sets=US-RRP x 2, old sets=US-RRP x
2.3-2.6.

Sorry for long and convulted messages but I've just returned to uni
after a week off and my brain is addled (possibly caused by a very early
trip to the airport this morning).

Tim