 Local / Australia / 2579
Re: More sexism from Lego (Was Re: 2000.2 Catalogue now out :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 06:23:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Matthew Miller writes:
Geoffrey Hyde <ghyde@ledanet.com.au> wrote:
I'd just like to say that while there is no official announcement as yet,
that I've checked on the possibility of ADSL coming to my area, and it says
on the Telstra site that they're reviewing their plans for my area.  Here's
hoping we get some ADSL or similar lines soon!!

Don't hold your breath -- "coming soon" from the phone company means "maybe
in two years". I hate to think of what "reviewing their plans" means.

Well, I'd think twice anyway. Telstra's basic plan (256/64KB, max 250MB) is $85
per month, a bit less if you use them for long distance voice. You can get
better speed & prices using cable.

Regards

ROSCO