 Local / Australia / 2485
Re: Pricing on Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:09:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

It always amazes me how people in a country with the cheapest lego and
largest range are always complaining about how it costs so much...

And it always amazes me that you bring this up again and again! :-)

Look, the fact that you're paying 3x what some sets are worth doesn't make the
fact that the US is paying 2x what the same sets are worth any less bad.
Instead of trying to incite cross continent acrimony, we ought to be working
together to take advantage of times when stuff is cheap and to encourage TLC
to better serve the AFOL marketplace.

That's my 2 cents US anyway. Let's argue this point further over a beer later
this month when I am in Oz, I'm buying... assuming Box Hill is somewhere near
Sydney, anyway.

++Lar