 Local / Australia / 234
233  |  235
Subject:
How to get cheaper lego (was:Penrith Plaza Pirate Post)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 23:21:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:

(except for the flash speeder for $13.43 today).
Where'd you get it so cheap???? And can I still get one, or two, or perhaps a
dozen?? If we're talking Macquarie I'll be there in a flash (pun intended).

I sorry, I'm a bad person for trolling like that. All that happened is that
when the new lego came in someone got careless and didn't take the price
sticker from the shelf they put stuff on. The flash speeder was sitting above
the pontoon plane price. To be fair I gave them at least three days to fix it
from when I noticed it. As soon as I bought it they ripped the sticker off and
I wasn't game at the time to buy more than one (it'd look like I was getting
greedy and trying to rip them off)

The moral of the story is that at the stores that price shelves and not sets
(well, Big W at least) if the shelf price is lower that's what you pay for
one. I've no idea about target, the other store that shelf tickets but it's
probably the same. The law students around here assure me that they don't have
to do this, it's simply customer service. Obviously it doesn't happen often
but keep a look out. Changing tickets or moving stock probably isn't playing
fair but if it's their mistake someone will benefit before they spot the
error, it may as well be you.

(wow! two lego events in two weekends!!!)
Yeah, you'd think we were in the US or something!! <gd&r>

Until we go shopping that is...