 Local / Australia / 225
224  |  226
Subject:
Penrith Plaza Pirate Post 08/04/00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:55:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Thanks to Peter.C,
I thought I would checkout Penrith Plaza.
I have given this it's own post to hopefully flush out any other AFOL's in
Sydney. Well the display consists of seven plexiglass enclosed booths with
as you probably have guessed pirate scenarios, complete with button controlled
actions initiated by viewers/passers by. These buttons can be pushed or
punched (as I saw one ankle-biter do) or caressed (as my 2yo did). Actions
include swords swinging, treasure chests opening, sharks bobbing and bats
flying around and rafts scudding. These actions are accompanied by pirate
like sounds and pirate jig music and I think I even heard a pirate expel air
from a body opening (expelling a BURP brought up other images).

Four booths are outside Target which is on the ground floor nearest to the
entrance across from World4Kids. The other three booths are outside big W,
which is on the first floor at the far end of the plaza (if Target is near.e),
there is another booth outside big W with a mirrored wall and enclosed which
is probably where the LA employee sits making sure the lego tables and play
bricks aren't stolen.

Let's follow James' lead and meet outside W4K at 10:00 am. So any AFOL's out
there within driving/railing distance of penrith, we are meeting here on
Saturday morning 8th April. We will be the only group of adults loitering
there or viewing inside. So tag along, the worst that could happen is you
would end up on a walking tour of Penrith's historical points of interest,
but that would mean your with the wrong group.

-pete.w.