 Local / Australia / 1980
Book: Build Amazing Animals (Lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:24:10 GMT

Hi all,

Has anyone come across the Dorling Kindersley book "Build Amazing Animals
From Bricks You Have At Home" in Aus bookshops?  It has the official
Lego logos (like the Ultimate Lego Book) and a picture of a black and
red dog on the front (funny looking IMHO).

It is in the July issue of the Scholastic Book Club (from schools) for
$8.50 supposedly marked down from $10.90.  32 pages, and recommended for
6-8 years (that would be the book club recommendation not necessarily the
publishers).

A quick search on Lugnet reveals a handful of posts about this late last
year in the US (and maybe UK, I've forgotten already).  Is it new out here
or am I just behind the times?

From experience, while they might want you to think so, Scholastic doesn't
generally have special deals on anything so I'd expect it to be around
in the shops for a similar amount.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com