 Local / Australia / 1981
RE: Book: Build Amazing Animals (Lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:29:25 GMT

I got this book and another 'amazing lego people' or similar from amazon
last year. [They give free vouchers to geocities members, and I used mine
for one book, and my brothers for the other. [sent to mums address and my
student address] They're not bad books for free :) I have since seen them at
a couple of book shops for around $7.95 or $9.95, I can't remember which.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Deidre Rushton Brumby [mailto:drb@tasmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 4:24 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Book: Build Amazing Animals (Lego)

Hi all,

Has anyone come across the Dorling Kindersley book "Build
Amazing Animals
From Bricks You Have At Home" in Aus bookshops?  It has the official
Lego logos (like the Ultimate Lego Book) and a picture of a black and
red dog on the front (funny looking IMHO).

It is in the July issue of the Scholastic Book Club (from schools) for
$8.50 supposedly marked down from $10.90.  32 pages, and
recommended for
6-8 years (that would be the book club recommendation not
necessarily the
publishers).

A quick search on Lugnet reveals a handful of posts about
this late last
year in the US (and maybe UK, I've forgotten already).  Is it
new out here
or am I just behind the times?

From experience, while they might want you to think so,
Scholastic doesn't
generally have special deals on anything so I'd expect it to be around
in the shops for a similar amount.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com