 Local / Australia / 1979
RE: Soccer sets here at last.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:17:34 GMT

Well, the one I got had him on the front of the box next to the picture of
the set on the front. Maybe if you shake the box, he'll come into sight
through the goal ?

BTW, this blows the Sepo's theory of Spielberg being the first
'real-life'[1] lego minifig produced [movie studio set]...can't remember
what thread it was, sorry.

[1] A minifig based on and resembling an actual, named person, not a movie
character [like star wars].

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Deidre Rushton Brumby [mailto:drb@tasmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 4:11 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Soccer sets here at last.

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Just curious...has anyone found 3401's with the 2 figs • featured in the
catalogue and on the box, instead of the green guy and 'zidane'?

Is there any way of distinguishing a 3401 with Zidane from a
3401 without?
(Without opening the box, that is!)

Don't know where I've been, but I didn't buy a shoot and score because
it seemed a bit pointless having bought all the other sets, I didn't
realise there was a variation to the cat/box pictured set.  Now, if
I can be sure of getting one with the "special" figure I
might just have
to retract that idea.

I'd assume that Zidane is there because of the Adidas
sponsorship/endorsement
(whatever) buso with the Lego soccer sets in general, rather than any
special regional deal, he's plastered all over everyhthing including
www.lego.com/football

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com