 Local / Australia / 1978
Re: Soccer sets here at last.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:17:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Oooh I can see where this is going:
How about a timmy for Statto? • Definitely!
Been watching their unplanned sketches on telly lately? SBS 8:30 Mondyas i
think. Not as good as Fantasy world cup in my opinion. Then again I'm not
pepped up on beer and post-exam relief watching a world cup this time
around :)
I watched the first few, but not even close to the dizzy heights of FWCL with
the likes of Three Lions on a Shirt and Sally Ann from Sedgely in the West
Midlands.  I still have mose of those on video.  The re-creations were my
favourite.  And the episode where John Lydon got kicked off.  Unplanned is not
the same.  That Robert de Niro gold bits and pieces sketch was the last straw
for me.