 Local / Australia / 1977
RE: negotiating with winners on Ebay, has anyone tried?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:11:46 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Obrien [mailto:jamien@interworx.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 3:56 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com; lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: negotiating with winners on Ebay, has anyone tried?

Hiya again,

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
What sort of old fashioned Technic parts are you after? • [there's more and
less than whats on the list :) ]

I need some 6x1 technic beams, and some of the larger 12 and
16x1. The space
station is massive, and needs alot more support!!!!

Not sure what I've got, but I believe I've got at least 6 16's in unsirted
spares...plus others.

Actually, a cheaper way to store parts is to get the insert • boxes from the
larger sets, and put the parts in these. As they are all the • same size [or
at least they have set sizes] it shouldn't be too dificult • to stack them on
top of each other. As long as they try to lean towards a • wall or bookshelf
end, they won't tip over, either.

That's if you have places to put them. I have run out so bad
it's not funny!!!
I'm actually considering putting the quad-alpha under the
bed, but i don't
think microwaving myslef while i sleep is good. Need to
convert some of the
ceiling space.

Not a bad idea..my lego room is full, and my NLSO won't allow it to spend
long outside there. [she's got some idea of microwaving lego to see what
happens [other than me hitting the roof that is :) ]]

Jamie
<You know class is bad, when only 5 people are left 10 minutes in!!!!>

<Well, in one of my lectures a few years back, we started the semester with
about 30 in the class. 2-3 weeks later, I was one of less than 3 who
bothered turning up [1] [and I still failed the subject] We had another
lecturer [american] who put you to sleep listening to him [even when he was
trying to sound interesting] so I know what you mean.>

[1] probably due to the lecturer being an asian with a heavy accent, speach
impediment [can't remember what now], and her dislike of assisting non-asian
students...Anyway, we had a Pom the next year and I passed it and all
related subjects following, so the only thing that suffered was the HECS
bill.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)