 Local / Australia / 1992
Re: negotiating with winners on Ebay, has anyone tried?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:52:07 GMT

"Whytcross, Benjamin" <BWhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au> wrote in message
au...

[she's got some idea of microwaving lego to see what
happens [other than me hitting the roof that is :) ]]

As I recall, microwaving lego probably won't work. A microwave works by
heating the water molecules inside food, which just happen to vibrate at the
frequency that a microwave oven emits. Since plastics don't have a high
water content, they don't usually heat up in a microwave, unless they absorb
the heat from the food.

You can notice that drier food takes far longer to reheat in a microwave
than moist food. Try putting a cup of flour in the microwave for a few mins,
it should come out cold.

So have no fear, your lego should be safe!

David Drew, SAusIMM, SIEAust.