 Local / Australia / 193
Re: Will lego come down after the GST?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:36:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Will lego come down in price after the GST? If so then:
1.people will buy more of it
2.therefore stores will be more inclined to cary more of it & also to
cary the larger sets (like the 8448 or the RIS, have you seen either of
these anywhere lately? I havent seen an RIS for months and I have only
seen 1 8448)

  Good question. I believe the wholesale sales tax rate is 22% , but isn't
that 22% of the price that a shop pays (wholesale) , not the retail price
which we pay. Just say the w.p is half the r.p that makes the sale tax only
11% of the r.p.
  I don't know I'm just guessing , any financial gurus out there ?
  You think the GST will stay at 10% , ha...ha....ha.....

NO GST on Lego(it's a necessity of life)
- pete.w.