 Local / Australia / 184
Re: Lego Australia Phone conversation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:02:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:

I guess all our players have been signed by European clubs. We might have to
make up some sides from scratch, maybe the Lego lions vs the Block Bulls.

Why do all Australian Sporting teams have to have an identitiy for a name (?
pardon the lack of propoer descriptors, I'm merely an engineer). I mean why
aren't they just called "Sydney Football Club" but instead they'll be called
"Sydney Ladybeetles" or something like that.

It's called merchandising, pasting an affectionate pet-like name onto a
franchise of a global media conglomerate. What's worse is we can't even be
original, we have to copy US names (eg Brisbane Broncos(Denver Broncos)).
But I was making a joke about the lack of soccer sets and how we might have
to pull in minifigs from other themes to make up a side.

No sightseeing (Carlsbad)? What with excess baggage, it might be cheaper to • go
and buy a pile of Lego and make lifesize people out of it and buy them all • one
way tickets back to here.

by the way Australia has just surpassed the Netherlands in the .loc groups.

Im assuming they'd be hollow right?
Yep,that's where the inflight drinks would go,we could just put a straw in
their backs and sip away as we escort them through customs.  :>/====
And YAY. go Team! :)

Legoz 2 on Sunday 02/04/00, come out all ye lurkers.

-pete.w.