 Local / Australia / 181
Re: Lego Australia Phone conversation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:32:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
I have seen them in stores, I saw one (4561) in a south coast Toyworld at the
price of $ 299 AUD and I saw a 4561 in Grace Bros Parramatta and another in
Grace Bros Chatswood both at $ 299 as well (mmm... that nasty 300 barrier).
This was just last Thursday. Were they $ 340 in the service catalogue ?
Anyway maybe there is at least one in every GB's , like all the other large
current kits(non-train) they seem to have one on the shelf and the shelves are
quite full overall after the restocking after Xmas.

The best Place I think to buy this set online is http://www.toyspot.com.au.
They had it on special for $230 just before christmas, I bought a CD player
for my car instead though.

I'll go check out Chatswood during lunch someday. But the problem with this
set is that you look at it, yet you still aren't convinced that you want it.
Well my opinion anyhow. Even at that special price mentioned, I still thought,
do I really want it at all?

They do have a few of the Train wash, cargo loaders and the snow shredder • (the
latest sets) left over though.

Were these for people to order ?

Yes, give them a call and they'll ship it out (with extra for postage and
handling of course)

I guess all our players have been signed by European clubs. We might have to
make up some sides from scratch, maybe the Lego lions vs the Block Bulls.

Why do all Australian Sporting teams have to have an identitiy for a name (?
pardon the lack of propoer descriptors, I'm merely an engineer). I mean why
aren't they just called "Sydney Football Club" but instead they'll be called
"Sydney Ladybeetles" or something like that.

No sightseeing (Carlsbad)? What with excess baggage, it might be cheaper to go
and buy a pile of Lego and make lifesize people out of it and buy them all one
way tickets back to here.

by the way Australia has just surpassed the Netherlands in the .loc groups.

Im assuming they'd be hollow right?
And YAY. go Team! :)

Have fun all
Santosh