 Local / Australia / 1803
Re: Be careful buying Lego at Harris Scarfe (GST dual pricing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 10:54:20 GMT

Well, I reported Harris Scarfe Hobart City store to the ACCC over
Lego price increases, checked on Friday 30th and they hadn't done a
thing about it.  A sample: set 6432 rose from $44.95 to $48.81.  Most
sets in this price bracket dropped by the same amount.  Much of the
stock still wasn't dual tagged so I don't know what percentage of the
Lego stock is mispriced.  Was unable to get back to the other HS stores to
check on them.  I doubt anything will become of my complaint (the ACCC
does say they cannot follow up every complaint) but I feel better anyway.

I have yet to venture out Lego shopping now the days of doom have arrived
(it's depressing shopping without any money!) so I don't know what else
is happening on the local pricing scene as yet.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com