 Local / Australia / 1714
Re: Organising LegOz/org.au (was RE: Formal Lugnet memberships from A us...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I think this might be a slightly heavy-weight organisation for the numbers
of people involved!... • <snipped for space>
Why not just start with LegOz for all Australia (and any of our neighbours
who want to be involved)? If/when regional clusters of people find
themselves getting together (either electronically through a lugnet group or
in real-life), then consider forming a subgroup (e.g. Studs). I think that's
a simpler and more organic approach than establishing a large hierarchy
that's not sustainable.

Kerry makes lots of good points that I hadn't really though about and
I think she's right.  I had realised that Tas would never make a LUG on
it's own but hadn't considered much further than hooking up with Vic.
Benjamin, do you think there's enough interest in Vic (and possibly
surrounding areas) to have a VicLug inside LegOz along with Studs
at the moment?

Either way, I really think we need to get the national group off the
ground in some form or other, expand the scope and membership bases
as we go along.  It doesn't have to be too formal at this stage, just
so long as we're in general agreement and can figure out some common
goals to justify its existence (things which Pete W and Benjamin have
covered in other posts to some extent).

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com