 Local / Australia / 1699
1698  |  1700
Subject:
Lego Soccer, fun for all the family!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:18:59 GMT

I bought my Lego Soccer sets last Friday, and at the cheap prices (+ an
additional 10% discount) I think they're worth every cent.  The whole
family (well, all 3 of us) are having a ball(!).  LTSO [1] has had
several games both with me and our 4 year old, and I have caught him
playing soccer by himself on more than 1 occasion.  4 year old (almost 5)
has turned out to be quite a skilled player, whips me every time on the
standard 1 field layout.

Once you're used to the game this is a little easy, you really need 2
fields to make a proper game out of it.  We've built Richard Parson's 11
a side layout out of 2 fields and an expansion pack (with a slightly
different player allocation), and this is more challenging, 4 y.o. had
a little trouble with this at first but picked up the passing skills
quite quickly.  There's certainly no shortage of soccer playing
opportunities around here, the only problem is I haven't had a chance to
experiment with other dual field layouts as someone always wants to play
the thing!  You should have seen the impatient looks I was getting from
both of them when I dismanted the original field and built the combo...

The buses are great, not Juniorised at all, my only complaint is that
the back windows have a tendency to come off the hinge assembly when
opened (depends in part how you open it though).  The stands are
semi-juniorised, the TV crane/entrance set could be more robust but the
Grandstand and Light Stands are fine.  Oh, we do tend to lose the ball
off the field in play rather a lot (that's why you end up with so many
spares if you buy all the sets I guess :)

Well done Lego Australia, I would never have bought these at the
original prices!

[1] Lego Tolerant SO, somewhere between a NLSO and a LSO,leaning slightly
towards the non side.  This is possibly the best sort of SO to have:
lets you spend money on Lego, occasionally gets enthusiastic and joins
in the building, but no so often as to cramp your style :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com