 Local / Australia / 1680
Re: Couldn't resist the Impulse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
Hi All,
I've just returned from BigW Macquarie and they've restocked the shelves • with
the Impulse sets. Wall to wall I tell you (well, not quite, but lots • anyway!)
Heaps of Ninja sets, not many Adventurers (and none now unless I missed any)
and the two spaceport sets are spilling onto the floor (c'mon James, clean • up
your act!). Wait until Saturday and save a whopping $0.15 (if the savings
apply to these sets).

Toys ain't my department. My guess is that now the savings won't since • they're
below the cost price of other stores (GB wouldn't price match since it was
below cost price) Obviously BigW organised something special.

There are now 20 less shoguns on shelves, my brikwars force just grew by a
third and I have less money... two out three ain't bad.

James (who noted that Pete did indeed miss a Johnny Thunder on raft)

BUGGER!!! I'm sure I looked everywhere! Did you liberate him or is he still
there? Might have to go back and *really* sort the shelves out. No holding
back this time ;-) I got some strange looks yesterday (bloke in suit and tie
on hands and knees rummaging around boxes of LEGO) so they may call security
on me! Awww heck, a few more Ninja sets wouldn't hurt either.

Pete (who notes that he's developing a disturbing attraction for Adventurers
and Castle. Less money to spend on Star Wars. Not good. Talking in short
sentences. Sign of. Impending. Madness)

There's still Adventurer sets up here at Erina.....is there any castle
stuff....other than Nija down there Pete?

Kev... :  )