 Local / Australia / 1679
RE: Couldn't resist the Impulse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:25:15 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Callaway [mailto:pcallaway@bmcl.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 8:03 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Couldn't resist the Impulse

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
Hi All,
I've just returned from BigW Macquarie and they've • restocked the shelves with
the Impulse sets. Wall to wall I tell you (well, not quite, • but lots anyway!)
Heaps of Ninja sets, not many Adventurers (and none now • unless I missed any)
and the two spaceport sets are spilling onto the floor • (c'mon James, clean up
your act!). Wait until Saturday and save a whopping $0.15 • (if the savings
apply to these sets).

Toys ain't my department. My guess is that now the savings • won't since they're
below the cost price of other stores (GB wouldn't price • match since it was
below cost price) Obviously BigW organised something special.

There are now 20 less shoguns on shelves, my brikwars force • just grew by a
third and I have less money... two out three ain't bad.

James (who noted that Pete did indeed miss a Johnny Thunder on raft)

BUGGER!!! I'm sure I looked everywhere! Did you liberate him
or is he still
there? Might have to go back and *really* sort the shelves
out. No holding
back this time ;-) I got some strange looks yesterday (bloke
in suit and tie
on hands and knees rummaging around boxes of LEGO) so they
may call security
on me! Awww heck, a few more Ninja sets wouldn't hurt either.

Pete (who notes that he's developing a disturbing attraction
for Adventurers
and Castle. Less money to spend on Star Wars. Not good.
Talking in short
sentences. Sign of. Impending. Madness)

Impending ???? Don't you mean actual ? <G,D&R>

[If you ever decide you've got too many adventurers, I'm always interested
in Johnny or the other fig in 5919/5928/other sets...And the new guys head
in Dino's looks good, too [bottom right on teaser catalogue scan [1]] I've
got some spare castle and starwars if you're interested (unfortunately, it's
all smallish sets, though, and not all that many of them.)]

[1]
http://members.fortunecity.com/ben_whytcross/2000_catalogue/2000_Catalogue.h
tml

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)