 Local / Australia / 1610
Re: World Club magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 06:24:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
-----Original Message-----
From: Kerry Raymond [mailto:kerry@dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 12:10 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: World Club magazine

"Whytcross, Benjamin" <BWhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au> wrote in message
news:1D0812CAE3E7D2118BCD00805FA76DEB022A4F73@gw-exg-ne01.paci
ficaccess.com.
au...
Just a short note to let those who haven't received the
latest magazine
know
that there's another of those Mindstorms promo CD's
included. Also, for
thos
who join before next issue[probably], update their subscription, or
[hopefully] are still subscribed till next year [eg anyone • who will be
getting the next issue] there will be a darth maul keyring • included in the
next issue. [to go with last years Darth Vader one.]

About from promotional keyrings, what are the main benefits
(to an adult) of
joining?

Given my observation that you can get better information on
Lego from LUGNET
than from Lego itself, I'm currently a bit sceptical.

Kerry

Yep, apart from the occasional offer, the world club doesn't seem to offer
anything to AFOL's at present. it would be good if they could actually add
an 'OPEN' category to their building competitions, so AFOL's could show the
younger generation what is possible, and to help them build better models.
I'd also like to see LegOz get some form of recognition there in the nearish
future, so that maybe the younger collectors [users has the wrong
connotations :) ] could see that lego is not just for children, and so not
get rid of their collections because it's not 'cool'. [I wonder how many
children have given away their lego, and a few years later regretted it.]
Also, it could allow parents to contact us, and we could help them with
advice like cheapest stores, sets not available in Australia and how to get
them, parts exchange, etc.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

Good points about the Lego club.  I initially joined so that my young son
would get some mail but then I have enjoyed the special offers.
The "Exploriens" ship #6982 and the latest Star wars set both for half price
made it seem worth while.  I did like the Darth VAder Key ring though.  My
kids can't play with it.  It's "mum's".
I guess I feel that Lego should use the Lego club more.  They shouldn't just
concentrate on children as they aren't the ones buying the stuff.
I have recently stumbled on many sets on sale at Bid W here in Canberra(please
don't hate me I am not in the public service nor is my husband, we have
nothing to do with the running of the country).  Large sets at half price.
Adventures #5988, Lots of insectoids, all of the pod racers of Star wars,
Ninja sets, I can't remember them all.  Obviously they are the less popular or
going out of style sets but still the price was right.  Now my point is that
if Lego is behind this massive dump of Lego sets why not offer them to Lego
club members, not just one per issue. Give us first go then dump them at Big W
and Toys R Us.