 Local / Australia / 1600
  Re: Newbie with questions

(...) It's already happening. I like the subversive nature of a 'Day of the Dead' to override the christian celebrations that overrode the pagan festivals. pete.w (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Newbie with questions -- severely off-topic now!

"> It's already happening. (...) AFAIK, Halloween isn't a Day of the Dead, but is a contraction of "Hallowed Eve" because it is the day before All Saints Day (1 November). Because of the extreme holy-power of all thpse saints combined, the goblins, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Newbie with questions -- severely off-topic now!

(...) The Mexicans celebrate 'All Souls Day' as the day of the dead, the last day of October, not as commercial as the US idea of Halloween, but the same idea sort of. They visit deceased relatives and have picnics in the graveyards. (...) Yawn, as (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Newbie with questions -- severely off-topic now!

(...) Hmm, visited any Australian cemeteries lately? We do that here too! Mother's Day and Father's Day can be quite busy days for it, but most weekends you will find fairly high levels of activity in our cemeteries, especially if the weather is (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)