 Local / Australia / 1597
RE: LegOz Organisation [was RE: SO WHAT LOGO AM I DESIGNING????]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:28:08 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter White [mailto:aztekium@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 12:18 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: LegOz Organisation [was RE: SO WHAT LOGO AM I
DESIGNING????]

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

I certainly agree with everything below, that was my aim in having a
national group, concerted co-ordinated efforts to a plan.
Ben you're probably the man for VIC Co-ordinator.
I wouldn't mind being a wrangler/organiser for NSW unless
others want input.
With email distance isn't as much of a problem as it once was.
We could even hold an Australian show(case) on the net !

Well, if no-one else wants the job I'd take it, but we should probably wait
till after LegOz 2000.4, and maybe decide between the attendees. [more
democratic] [I'd also vote for Santosh to keep the wordsmith position :) ]

With the Australian show-case, all we'd need is a site [fortunecity is
100Mb, files no larger than 10Mb] and we could create a group site with
state pages, and the state organisers having the login-info so they could
put up a page of info for their state and any other items that may be of
interest [events, photos from past events, maybe even have individual
roll-call info pages there for each member listed under their state group?]

Also, While we're waiting for the other states to start active work on their
organisation, the established state groups should contribute to the
promotion in the other states, whether by starting state pages, or some
other way. [including contacting LA] As a temporary measure, maybe they
could become temporary members of another state?

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

I just thought of one important thing we need to consider. • If we're starting
this as an 'official' organisation with state branches, • ideally we're going
to need an organiser in each state. these people would • ideally be resposible
for organising events like the get-togethers, displays [like • Peter and Co
did at TRU (?)], promoting the group, and working with other • groups for
combined events. [1] A wordsmith would also be useful for • those times when
some form of writen material is required [eg. LegOz info • page on .org.au,
letters to LA on behalf of the group, etc.] but we'd • probably only need 1 of
these for the entire LegOz.
Otherwise, without some form of 'official' communication • between state
groups combined events [including discussions with LA] could prove
difficult, as we'll have many people trying to organise • something instead of
the groups organising their group area, and the • 'officials'/organisers
working on the between groups area as well.

Also LA is more likely to take notice of us if there is we • look like a
professional organisation rather than just a group of • collectors with a
shared interest.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

[1] I'm not saying this person has to do all the work, just • that we need
someone in each group to co-ordinate the group[2]. Otherwise • we'll possibly
either:
a) end up with a group having conflicting events as two • people have decided
to run with something
b) end up with groups not having events as no-one will organise them
c) having few people turning up to events because they • didn't know they were
on.
<feel free to insert other alternatives>

[2] This could involve contacting all state group members to • notify them of
an event [posting on lugnet, e-mail, etc.], arranging for • events hosting,
arranging promotions for group [eg displays at toy shops, • 'brochures/flyers'
or signs at toy shops to notify familys/children that we • exist, and to give
them some way of contacting us [eg internet/phone number/address].