 Local / Australia / 1459
Re: Naming Oz groups (Re:Could we get .org.au up soon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:01:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
-----Original Message-----
From: Deidre Rushton Brumby [mailto:drb@tasmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 12:20 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Naming Oz groups (Re:Could we get .org.au up soon)

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Yes, once we sort that matter out. But for now we can say • that "Studs" is
looking after LegOz, until Mugs (Melbourne) & Bugs • (Brisbane) get their act
together. (*wink* they don't have to use those names)

I don't know, I think they're great names! <GD&R>

Would that make the (as yet non-existent) Tas group the Tugs? Or would
that be the Hobart Hugs...

And how about renaming Studs to the Sydney lego users group..SLUGS ?

Nah, we hashed that over at LegOz 2000.3 and we all prefer Studs over Slugs.
Heaps more fun watching peoples reactions to the name :-)

The majority preferred STUDS, i prefer SLUGS or SYDLUG or whatever,
especially after having to explain to the store manager at W4K what a stud
was or wasn't.

pete.w (who couldn't really care anymore)