 Local / Australia / 14347
Re: Lugnet - the talk-back radio of the world of Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:07:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:

There were no prizes for guessing that the conventional wisdom is that games
companies need to engage with their users to understand what they want.
That's hardly rocket science

And, in turn, rocket science is not brain surgery.

What was less obvious though was how best to do it. And it seems listening
to the users in the forums isn't the answer.

Indeed. If LEGO had received a hundred dollars everytime a fan had said words to
the effect "I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'll certainly be buying less
of your product in future", they would be doing a lot better financially than
they were a few years ago. ;-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin