 Local / Australia / 14253
    Mugs meeting —Michael Dickinson
   Just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to check-out your creations today i gained some very helpful tips for my own train layout and have been inspired to buy some more tan creator builind sets. The melbourne lego group are a great bunch of (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Mugs meeting —Paul Baulch
   (...) Thanks for coming to our meeting Michael, and I hope you can come to another one in the future! Cheers, Paul (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Exchange rate at Shop@home? —David Drew
   I haven't bought from shop@home for a while, but the exchange rate there is ridiculous. For US buyers, the UCS Millennium Falcon is only US$499, but for us Aussies, it's A$979. This equates to an exchange rate of 51c. At current exchange rates, it (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home? —Richie Dulin
     (...) There's little chance of having it rectified in the short term, unless it is a typo on the site. Consistency of pricing between markets is an issue on the Ambassadors' list which is being pursued with LEGO. Cheers Richie Dulin LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

         Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home? —Timothy Gould
     (...) It also pays to remember that the exchange rates used by TLG are determined well in advance of the price being announced (as announced by someone official sometime). A fairer comparison is probably the exchange rate six to twelve months ago. (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

        Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home? —Richie Dulin
     (...) There's little chance of having it rectified in the short term, unless it is a typo on the site. Consistency of pricing between markets is an issue on the Ambassadors' list which is being pursued with LEGO. Cheers Richie Dulin LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

        Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home? —Allister McLaren
   (...) Yes. If you have any friends in the States, use the US S@H portal and send it to their address, and get them to ship it over. Even if it costs $100 to ship it, you'll still come out well ahead [1]. I understand US customers get free shipping (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home? —Allister McLaren
   (...) I stand corrected. Shipping within the US will is about US$35. (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au)