 Local / Australia / 13932
13931  |  13933
Subject:
oztion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:40:52 GMT

Ben Whytcross mentioned the oztion on-line auction site in another posting.
This is the first I have heard of this site.

Not surprisingly it looks a lot like ebay, although I notice a couple of
interesting differences.

Firstly, not much stuff seems to actually sell there. Almost all the
auctions I saw had no bids. Admittedly I didn't see anything worth buying
myself.

Secondly, they have feedback on a finer scale -- Excellent, Good, Average,
Bad, Never deal. Which might be potentially interesting.

Third, it seems to be an Oz-only site, so no support for other currencies,
just the AUD.

It claims to have 46K members and 100K+ listings, but frankly it all seemed
a bit quiet and sleepy.

Any first-hand impressions on using it as a buyer or seller? What's its
appeal? I noticed no listing costs.

Kerry