 Local / Australia / 13859
Re: SLTC 2 wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 22:38:16 GMT

One member is going to build a mindstorms camera into a locomotive and
take
video of the layout as the train engineer would see it.

Are you talking about a live video feed or a canned video?

It's just that I think the mindstorms camera needs a USB cable running back
to the PC, doesn't it? If so, you can't run that as a live video feed. I
guess if you had a long enough cable, you could run the train very slowly
around the track while you hold the cable above and behind the camera as you
record the images, then speed up the footage afterwards to give the
impression of greater train speed.

Or is there some wireless mode of operating a Mindstorms camera that I don't
know about it? (Which is entirely possible, I've moved on from Mindstorms
over the years).

Kerry