 Local / Australia / 13858
Re: SLTC 2 wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 11:52:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White wrote:
   Thanks to all attendees who made the long trek out to Emu Heights. At the peak we had twelve interested people, I believe there is photographic evidence to prove this.

And here it is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=186964

   The layout and module plan was defined in greater detail, with modules allocated

The layout will have a lego town, with train station , shops and houses. There will be two main lines, one passenger the other for freight trains. However each line will have multiple branch lines that lead off to container terminals, shunting yards, etc. There is also going to be several scenic areas with a large river scene which will have two large bridges going over the river.

   and requests for interested parties to provide features to other peoples’ modules were considered.

The layout will be a pit configuration with all the controls performed from the centre of the pit. The tables will form a rectangle measuring 6.5 x 3.5 meters in size

   David.S’s brother Robert kindly contributed his welding/metal skills to constructing 6 of the 10 table supports required.

The plan for the Sydney LEGO Train Club is for people to contribute whatever they are capable of or happy to contribute. An extensive collection is not mandatory, possession of LEGO trains is not mandatory, people might be strictly town or have robotic skills we can use in future displays.

One member is going to build a mindstorms camera into a locomotive and take video of the layout as the train engineer would see it.

So if you’re interested and reading this feel free to email me.

The next meeting should be sometime in early July, it will be a Saturday, possibly July 1st or July 8th. We are yet to allocate/find a venue.

It looks like we have the numbers for a Western Sydney Lego Group, so this will be a ‘anytheme LEGO’ and we will possibly be looking at mid-month meetings, stay tuned for details.

pete.w