 Local / Australia / 13810
Re: My Train Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:36:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, John McCafferty wrote:
G'day all,

Long time reader, first time post.

G’day to all the Sydney AFOL’s – Richie, James, Richard – still going baldy?,
Pete  and all the others I haven’t met.

I have been collecting Lego now for over 5 years and sometimes I sell some Lego
on ebay in order to finance my ever expanding Train collection. I just thought I
would post a link to some photo's of my train collection -

Some of the trains are designed by James Mathis so I cannot take the credit for
them, anyhow let me know what you think.

One thing that the Good old City of Sydney is Sadly lacking is a Lego Train
Club. Melbourne has one, Brisbane has one, but Sydney? Zilch! So I am thinking
of starting one, so if there are any AFOL's out there in the Sydney region who
would like to join me and share their passion for trains just pop me an email,

aussielego@optusnet.com.au

It’s getting very lonely here playing with myself, (not to mention RSI on my
hand).

Cheers, John.

Hello John,

I can remember meeting you in Sydney.
I saw your trains when they were 12v . Great Work !!

I hope you can make it down for BrickVention.
We will have the M>ltc layout on display there, and your welcome to run your
trains !

The fun of starting a new Lego train club !

If you need help with Ideas , I'm happy to help.

The way that M>ltc goes about it .

1:- Find out what people want to build
2:- Draw up track draw layout, including modual areas and road plates.
3;- Keep small stuff to the front and big stuff to the rear.
4:- hold meetings to test layout before showing to public.

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/mltc/?n=30

Thanks, Teunis