 Local / Australia / 13780
Re: Brickvention Accomadation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Sue Ann Barber wrote:

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:IvuCGE.1pD4@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.au, Braith Garden wrote:
Hi All,

I too am a little concerned over travel costs to Melbourne.  Flights between
Perth and Melbourne aren't cheap and I still have to work out how to get my LEGO
models over safely and cheaply (courier, post?).  Add accomadation costs and
it's seeming a little out of reach for my budget.

So, I was wondering if those people living in Melbourne, who would be willing to
house inter-staters during the event, could put their name to a list and take a
booking, so to speak.  The savings would really help.

Sounds like a great idea! If any locals can help, please reply here.

Another option is other inter-staters who might not mind sharing hotel
rooms.

I can certainly accomodate a few people. Actual number depends on whether
people can share beds etc ;) Can probably fit 5 people (with bed sharing)
with additional room for floor space for those who are happy to bring their
own bed rolls (blankets, pillows, foam mattress etc).

I suspect a couple of spots might already be taken :)

cheers

Sue Ann

Are there still a couple of spots Sue Ann as I know a couple of warm bodies who
now have booked flights and are certainly coming down.

Anita