 Local / Australia / 13699
Re: STUDS: Return from the dead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 03:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:
Surely there's LEGOlife out there in the Sydney basin?

I know I've seen some Sydneysides post here on LUGNet, even if not in loc.au
specifically.

Is there enough interest in a meet to warrant the bother?

Did anyone get LEGO for Christmas that they want to show off?

Hey ho!

I'm still around :-)  A bit relaxed about meeting - having too much fun actually
playing with Lego.  I have been steeped in MB for a while, but these new
Exoforce sets are fun.

I've built a largish Warhammer Templar Keep out of MB, and have been staffing it
with my WH40k (SW Stormtrooper based) Templar Space Marines, and then these
mechs turn up on the scene.  Very à propos.

Saw the new plane in store too.  Very nice fuselage, and I'd probably be ok with
the whole thingie but for the nose and cockpit.  I can't complain too hard
though - I am a big fan of the current crop of MB sailing ships ;-)  The new
ambulance versions of last year's police vehicles are pretty cool too.

A fest in Sydney probably won't be a happenning thing for me over the next
little while (not least because I have no idea how I would transport the Keep).
If you do get stuck for a venue though, you all know you're always welcome here,
and I can book the Mittaging RSL if you really want to get enthusiastic.

Richard
Still baldly going...