 Local / Australia / 13676
Re: 2006 sets in store now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 01:20:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
   I don’t know what’s gone wrong with LEGO Australia...this years sets are on the shelves well before the start of March :)
The stores were probably demanding that LA send them Lego - at every store I’ve been to in the past three weeks the Lego shelves have been almost bare. Sometimes I wonder whether LA are intentionally trying to lower the sales of Lego here, perhaps so they have less work to do :)

   Sets 8667-8670 first caught my eye...they looked like mega-bloks/a cheap rip off with the packaging style used. The images on the box are “CAD” type images, not real parts/sets like LEGO generally use.

Yes, it’s annoying as it makes it more difficult to tell whether some elements are chrome or silver, or even whether they’re transparent or not.

    7893 Passenger Plane
401 elements, 4 figures, US$40, 2006
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > City
$69.99

7901 (Aircraft engine repair set) $6.99

Also at K-Mart, I saw the 7894 Airport
$129.00

   I didn’t have time to check the prices on all the sets...but I will say that the exo-force sets look good :)
Speaking of which, has anyone seen

    7704 Sonic Phantom
215 elements, 1 figure, US$20, 2006
LEGO > SYSTEM > Exo-Force
?

   But fortunately 4891 was worth getting :)
I thought so too... Mmmmm, six trans-black 1x1 slopes :)