 Local / Australia / 13051
Re: Myer 25% off Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:01:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Sue Ann Barber wrote:
I'm rather amused at Myer having a 25% off Lego sale right on the eve of
Christmas.

Myer at Highpoint (Melbourne) seemed to be having very poor sales of Lego
earlier in the week. Of course this wasn't helped by them blocking off the
access to the Lego by putting a "Santa Station" (my name for it)  up against
that section. I got to wave to Santa a lot but couldn't easily get to the
Lego. Not sure if this happened at any of the other stores, but it made me
not want to even bother checking out their stock.

AFOLs wouldn't mind a 'Santa Fe Station' blocking access, but it was more likely
a 'Santa fey Station'. Boom boom.

And, of course, Kmart is having a 25% off sale too

I find this equally amusing as, though I could easily get to the Lego, there
didn't seem to be much to choose from.

They should have done more Christmas stocking !  Boom boom.

Also, an interesting observation, most places seem to have sold out of
"girlie lego" (Clickits and Belville). Of course, this means little as they
stock less of this to start with.

Ahh... Christmas shopping :;)

pete.w