 Local / Australia / 12842
Re: MOC: The Dish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:01:14 GMT

In lugnet.build.microscale, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   xpost to .space for what should be obvious reasons ;)

   On 21st July 1969, Parkes Observatory gained fame for providing TV pictures for all but about 11 minutes of the first lunar landing, via their 64 metre radio telescope. Since then, it has become an important cog in the wheel of space exploration, and has become part of Australian folklore, even becoming the subject of a movie.

Senior Rosco, This is uber cool and something I was not properly aware of. Thanks for sharing a cool MOC, and bit of space history!

Oh, and my those are giant sheep! I won’t even garner a guess as to why Australia has such giant sheep...

Thanks! And it has been suggested that maybe the dish emanates too much radioactivity....

ROSCO