 Local / Australia / 12836
MOC: The Dish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:10:46 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

“One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong

On 21st July 1969, Parkes Observatory gained fame for providing TV pictures for all but about 11 minutes of the first lunar landing, via their 64 metre radio telescope. Since then, it has become an important cog in the wheel of space exploration, and has become part of Australian folklore, even becoming the subject of a movie.

Enjoy!

ROSCO