 Local / Australia / 12636
Re: KK2 minifig armour decal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:43:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Paraha wrote:

Got to work with a cloth and some Brasso. It seems the metallic element in the design makes it harder to remove than others I have tried to remove, really pretty dificult. After about 15 mins of rubbing I had most of it off when the armour literally crumbled in my hands! It came apart into about half a dozen pieces.

Suffice to say I was less than happy but thought it was probably due to excessive pressure, etc on my part.

I don’t think that it was due to that, or due to some change in the plastic in more recent Lego sets. I think it’s due to the fact that some pieces (especially minifig neckgear) have always been made from a slightly different, more flexible pastic that could well be more susceptible to the solvent used in Brasso and similar compounds.

I brought this up again because I just noticed that the new minifig Hockey sets have a new body armour element, but it’s probably printed (in the same presumably irremovable way). Which sucks, because although I could get by with some of my Space Marines to be playing for the NHL, I wouldn’t want all of them to... :-(

Cheers,