 Local / Australia / 12606
12605  |  12607
Subject:
Port Brique Welcomes Careful Navigators (The next Sydney meet).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 04:16:25 GMT

Due to the temporary relocation of Port Brique, the annual Bastille Day Regatta was postponed, and has been rescheduled to St Sabina’s Day (29 August) 04, from about noon onwards. (Whether that’s 1804, or 2004, really depends on your perspective).

The Mayor of Port Brique extends an invitation to all the civilised peoples of the South Pacifique to send a delegation to visit the magnificent settlement of Port Brique.

The Mayor of Port Brique further notes that it is just a quick hop across the temporal void to the ancient sands of Cheq-mait, where the date is expected to be exactly 29 August 1004BC. Where ancient armies of barely clad warriors will engage other ancient armies of barely clad warriors...

WHAT: The next Studs (Sydney Lego) meet, incorporating a visit to Port Brique, ancient brikwars and miscellaneous MOCery.

WHERE: Port Brique, Terra Australis (Actually St Ives, Sydney, email me for directions).

WHEN: Simultaneously 29 August 2004, 29 August 1804 and 29 August 1004 BC (1).

WHAT to bring: An historically approprate vessel (2) carrying an eminent person, an ancients brickwars army(3), other mocs.

I’ll supply something appropriately French and containing a suitable amount of red meat. It’ll help if I know numbers a few days before. Bring some drinks (French wine preferred).

Adieu

Richie Dulin

(1). Yep. There’s a lot wrong with writing 29 August 1004BC.
(2) That would be sail or oared. While the first steam vessel appeared in 1802, it travelled under 20 miles and never came back.
(3) Ancient army: Swords, Spears, bows, chariots, large timber animals, arks of the covenant, trumpets etc.