 Local / Australia / 12605
Re: Skeletons are Minifigs too
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 04:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
   If you start counting legs, you run into a number of special cases, e.g. how many legs does Prof Trelawney virtually possess beneath her skirt and how many legs does a dementor have (does a pogo stick count as one, or are there two vestigal legs on a dementor to enable it to balance on the pogo stick?) . Best not to bother trying to do arithmetic with legs given these unknowns and imponderables.

If something can be counted, then it should be counted, statistics
   collected, and misleading conclusions leaped to.

Legs, vestigal legs and pogo-sticktistics?

   It’s interesting that you mention legs. Whenever I’m at at one of those things where I have to “tell the group something interesting about yourself” (which is mostly work-related stuff, but could just as easily be a group therapy session), I always make the bold claim that I have more than the average number of legs for a human.

But not, happily, much more than the average number of heads.

   Being work and presumably mostly accountants,

No, mostly meat science/tech guys. And they’re used to four legs.

   they may see the joke a little quicker than some readers here.

“Accountants ...see the joke a little quicker”. You don’t know many accountants, do you?

   I am amused at the though of some readers horrified imaginations picturing you with vestigal legs (pogo-stick optional). For the record, Richie is (boardly) a (physically) normal human (at least externally, on social aquaintence).

I’m flattered!

-snip-

   IANAP, but I think most people miss the point of the whole Schroedinger’s cat thing: Schroedinger didn’t like cats.

(I am not a) physicist? philosopher? purist?

I meant physicist, but the other two work too. (Philospher? Work? Surely not!).

   James (who is all three of the above, but only when observed to be so)

Adieu

Richie Dulin