 Local / Australia / 1253
Re: Pre GST warning about trades [important]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:35:01 GMT

hi, do you know if the GST is going to be applied to IMO's? My local
postie says he still doesn't know? I woudl presume that their would be
GST on the $8 fee for the IMO and not on the actual currency. And what
about Bank Drafts, haven't looked into that yet.

I don't think so for either of them, as financial services are exempt from
GST. I checked the WWW site and I couldn't find anything specifically on
fees for IMOs and bank drafts, but charges for travellers cheques are
definitely exempt, which is a good indicator I think.

Kerry