 Local / Australia / 1237
Re: Just bought the Football sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:40:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:

Did you get these at Parramatta ?
I was there on Monday and couldn't find anything :^(

Yep bought them from TRU Parramatta on Thursday night, Didn't check David
Jones Though. GB's Target and Kmart didn't have them yet (I could've used my
shareholder card at any of those three) but the temptation to get them from
TRU was too much.

Seeing Paul got them at a TRU in Melbourne, I thought they wouldn't be far
away. What stock levels did thay have ?

To be honest, not much. Just enough to fill up one of those "end shelves", it
wasn't on the main lego wall, and i only spotted them as i turned around to
walk back out. But there were still a few of each set left.

The way these are priced though, they'll need to stock a lot more, they'll go
out fast!.

Me thinks I'll be getting lots of them grandstands, they'd look nice if I
could set up a stand for my Grand Prix scenes. The only set I didn't get was
the One with the camera and stretchers, though I'll get a few of them too i
suspect.

If we build a Tangara, we can have Cityrail grandstands !

Judging by the trains last night. I think Cityrail like to move their trains
about as quick as grandstands move. The Tangara's purely a conceptual thing
for me to learn how to use LDraw + rendering etc.. Although once Lego Direct
lets us buy bulk blue and white bricks, the XPT will have to be looked into.

I just wish they'd have given enough torso's as they had given stickers. I
mean which European/Central European/South American team am I meant to • choose?

I saw the Blue bus, Red Bus and the Black bus, apparently there's a fourth
one, and each one represents a different football region, with those regions
team stickers.

This football set has been the best thing in Lego since we heard news about
Star Wars a couple of years ago.

But the appeal for this goes far wider, even taking into account the
participation rate of the population playing the game.

Right in time for Euro 2000 too.

Surely not a co-incidence.

pete.w