 Local / Australia / 1238
RE: Just bought the Football sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:49:52 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter White [mailto:aztekium@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 11:19 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Just bought the Football sets

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:

Did you get these at Parramatta ?
I was there on Monday and couldn't find anything :^(

Yep bought them from TRU Parramatta on Thursday night, • Didn't check David
Jones Though. GB's Target and Kmart didn't have them yet (I • could've used my
shareholder card at any of those three) but the temptation • to get them from
TRU was too much.

Seeing Paul got them at a TRU in Melbourne, I thought they
wouldn't be far
away. What stock levels did thay have ?

Me thinks I'll be getting lots of them grandstands, they'd • look nice if I
could set up a stand for my Grand Prix scenes. The only set • I didn't get was
the One with the camera and stretchers, though I'll get a • few of them too i
suspect.

If we build a Tangara, we can have Cityrail grandstands !

I just wish they'd have given enough torso's as they had • given stickers. I
mean which European/Central European/South American team am • I meant to choose?

I saw the Blue bus, Red Bus and the Black bus, apparently • there's a fourth
one, and each one represents a different football region, • with those regions
team stickers.

This football set has been the best thing in Lego since we • heard news about
Star Wars a couple of years ago.

But the appeal for this goes far wider, even taking into account the
participation rate of the population playing the game.

Right in time for Euro 2000 too.

Surely not a co-incidence.

So from this can we assume that lego will release olympic sets?

OR is it that only soccer is to get this treatment for one or more of the
following reasons:

[1] It's in Australia
[2] not enough soccer being played
[3] can't be bothered creating an olympic range
[4] It's in Australia
[5] Where's Australia
[6] In order for the sets to arrive in time, they should have been shipped
months ago
[7] the sets were shipped last week
[8] It's in australia
[9] who'd want to buy them
[10] everyone would want them
[11] how do we juniorize javellin throwing?
[12] can't be juniorized enough
[13] It's in Australia
[14] Kevin Gosper minifig wouldn't be popular enough

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)