 Local / Australia / 1234
Re: Just bought the Football sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:49:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
These FOOTBALL sets are great! I bought one of just about each set, and I
spent two hours playing around with how i could make the seating tiered and
mutli-level.

And the prices on them are fantastic too! So the potential for making a
stadium are very plausible!!

Just when confidence in Lego Australia was at a low, they show us some • respite.
Good one LA.

Did you get these at Parramatta ?
I was there on Monday and couldn't find anything :^(

Yep bought them from TRU Parramatta on Thursday night, Didn't check David
Jones Though. GB's Target and Kmart didn't have them yet (I could've used my
shareholder card at any of those three) but the temptation to get them from
TRU was too much.

Me thinks I'll be getting lots of them grandstands, they'd look nice if I
could set up a stand for my Grand Prix scenes. The only set I didn't get was
the One with the camera and stretchers, though I'll get a few of them too i
suspect.

I just wish they'd have given enough torso's as they had given stickers. I
mean which European/Central European/South American team am I meant to choose?

I saw the Blue bus, Red Bus and the Black bus, apparently there's a fourth
one, and each one represents a different football region, with those regions
team stickers.

This football set has been the best thing in Lego since we heard news about
Star Wars a couple of years ago.

Right in time for Euro 2000 too.

Santosh