 Local / Australia / 1235
RE: Lego at coles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:04:57 GMT

Yep, coles the supermarket. Unfortunately, I can't remember the set prices,
although I think they were around the same as the prices at K-Mart.

Woolworths [safeway in Vic] used to stock the small sets, then went to
meccano, and now have tyco(?) bricks and some cheap plastic junior meccano
[tyco too?] It's a pity LA's sales reps don't push harder to get the
supermarkets to stock lego...At least the impulse sets wouldn't rot kids
teeth like the lollies that kids love to try and get do...and lego can be
used more than once, unlike a chocolate bar.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter White [mailto:aztekium@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 10:49 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Lego at coles

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I was in a coles supermarket on the weekend [sunbury] and • noticed that they
had a small range [10-20 different small sets] of lego • [about 40 sets in
total] I was wondering if this is in all Coles, or just a • select few, and
also when they started stocking lego. [Safeway stocked small • 'impulse' sized
sets [and the next smallest sets] up till around 1992, I believe]

Also, Fosseys can sometimes have smaller sets, in case • people didn't know.

What were the prices out of interest at Coles.
You mean Coles the Supermarket.
You would think Woolworths would do the same, they stock Hot
Wheels and some
of the Hot Wheels cars.

pete.w