 Local / Australia / 12153
Re: An extension to T.G.B.S.L.I.L.A Competition?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 13:25:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

   But on to the matter of an extension: Would an extension help with the ‘breathing life’ goal? If it would, then I’d say absolutely, extend away, but if it’s just going to be an asthmatic wheeze that’s generated, then I think we’d be better off staying with the announced date (which, you may remember included ‘or thereabouts’ in the wording).

... not to mention the bit about the judges being able to change the rules if they wish.

That said, I’m for an extension. I know we’ve had plenty of time to build something, but sometimes other factors come into play. I’m finally in the happy situation of having the time, the inclination and the idea to contribute to the comp, and I may still make the deadline, but I still hope that a few more people will enter, and a bit of extra time may be the needed incentive.

And what of those who’ve entered so far? They’re the life-breathers so far (competition wise), so I think their opinions count most.

Well, to be blunt, ‘the judges decision is final’ - I think your’s and Mel’s opinion count the most. Whichever you decide, I’ll be happy to go along. If it means my entry misses the boat, then so be it.

Cheers,

Allister

Hi Allister... I have emailed Richie, asking him to extend the date :) Let’s hope he approves ;)

Thanks, and hope to see an entry from you!

Mel :)