 Local / Australia / 1195
    Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Peter White
   While you were sleeping......... Brad J's popped up again with some news in Lego Direct. Australia and New Zealand even get a mention of sorts. Prices and images for US and Canada (LSAH) are at Lego's site. pete.w (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Santosh Bhat
   Very interesting. And the bricks/plates available are neat too. I've already got pictures of a Lego blue-white XPT train in my head. So whats the general synopsis? do we wait until later this year? or do we begin hunting for partners in the US to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Peter White
     (...) All depends how urgently we need the parts on offer. Seeing we have all been strapped for cash with the recent sales and more to come this June/July. Shoulb be interesting to see what comes out in the second batch. Some windows would be nice (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        (canceled) —Jamie Obrien

        Re: Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Peter Callaway
   (...) Yep, I'd say let it go for a while. The American's are still wiping the drool from their faces over this, so I doubt we'd be high on their priority list until they've drained the current world stocks of ABS. Given the speed of which LD has (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Kerry Raymond
    (...) orders (...) Yes, I read the message as an attempt to soft-soap Australians. I suspect the reality is that Lego Australia probably has the exclusive rights to be the Australian wholesaler, and that Lego Australia has got to decide that bulk (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Peter White
     (...) Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, we won't invite you around for the next BrikWars then ;^) How else are people meant to make forests ! This is coming from a castleish perspective. pete.w (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Ruckus over in Lego Direct —Peter Callaway
   (...) That's why LA have got it all backwards. The reason why there's such a large LEGO community in the US is beacause it's cheap and very available. The product created the market. Once that had been established they both feed each other. Very (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)