 Local / Australia / 1177
1176  |  1178
Subject:
7151 Sith Infiltrator - followup on my previous review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:07:00 GMT

In my not-entirely enthusiastic review of the 7151 Sith Infiltrator, I said:

The instructions are only for the model shown on the box, but, like the
other Star Wars, there is a cartoon which introduces alternative models
without giving specific instructions. Personally, I like this way of
providing ideas without spoonfeeding you. Some of the alternative models
actually look more interesting than the Sith Infiltrator.

I've now had a chance to build most of the other models they illustrate, and
my suspicions are confirmed. Some of the alternatives are much more fun,
especially the two fighters labelled #3 and #5 (from memory) which have lots
of hinged wings which makes them a lot more interesting than the main Sith
Infiltrator model.

On the back cover of the instructions, there is a picture of another
(unlabelled) alternative, a kind of TIE-wing fighter (somewhat reminiscent
of the one in 7150), which is not bad either.

So, if you felt a bit disappointed with the lack of excitement of the Sith
Infiltrator, try your hand at some of the alternatives.

Kerry

Dr Kerry Raymond, Distinguished Research Fellow           kerry@dstc.edu.au
CRC for Enterprise Distributed Systems Technology       Ph: +61 7 3365 4310
University of Queensland 4072 Australia                Fax: +61 7 3365 4311