 Local / Australia / 1176
Re: Wanting Lego Figures from Ninja, Castle and Star Wars! I will Trade and Buy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:07:06 GMT

Hi Collector's [again],
I am 12 and I luv lego, yeah! I live in North Melbourne and in Melbourne,
[duh] :) I am colleting ninja and town and a bit of castle and star wars, if
you have any figures seprately I may buy them with the ninja ones I may wait
until someone sells a figure for $1 then I will be IN!

Later,
James

oc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Ng writes:
Hi!
Is that for the very small ninja sets??? DO you have just have single figures
for sale or anyone? I want to buy them more then the set, really :-)

Yes that is the small boxes with one fig and a small cart/flyer/raft

In lugnet.loc.au, James Ng writes:
Hi! I am James and I am 12 years old, I am interested in LEGO

Excellent! always good to see a new face!
You might like to reply to this message
Aussie role call http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=646
to let us know some about you, we're a small community here in loc.au and we
like to know who people are rather than just as a name on a screen.

You might also consider making a list of the peices/sets you have to trade and
posting it (probably in .marketplace or on a website then a message to here
refering us to the list).

In regard to buy/sell I think you'll find most people here are unkeen to sell
their lego. If it's an out of production set this is particularly true and if
the set is still available you should have no trouble getting it from a
retailer somewhere. If you _are_ having trouble post a message here saying
which set you're after and we'll tell you if we've seen it. If you can't get
to the store mentioned there will be a lugnetter (there's one in 8 of 9 state
captial cities) who can forward it you.

The point when trading is to get two lego fans both happy because they've got
a peice/set they wanted and given away what they consider a useless or extra
peice/set. for example I have a dozen or so shogun heads, if I wanted to trade
I'd tell people I have these and want <insert appropriate peice here>.  Then
if someone wants the heads and has or can get <peice> we'd trade. Very rarely
(in my experience) do trades work when a person say I want this but doesn't
say what they can offer in return.

and at the moment am especially wanting EXTRA Ninja, Castle and Star Wars
figures or sets from those series

It's good to see a ninja/castle/space fan that's where my interests lie too.
You didn't answer the question about whether you meant the new castle or older
series of sets. Getting hold of minfigs can be difficult, perhaps you might
consider auction sites such as e-bay or buying the sets which have the 'figs
you're after and then sellign/trading away the peices you don't want. All
these are suggestions to help you get the most out of this forum, play well
and good luck lego hunting!

James H(who has a 60 strong ninja army for Brikwars LegOz August)