 Local / Australia / 11633
11632  |  11634
Subject:
LEGO Creator Show in Sydney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 01:34:28 GMT

G’day

I visited the Lego creator show at DJ’s yesterday.

You may remember some disappointment relating to the ‘World Show’ at Castle Hill in 2002. Unfortunately, the current Creator Show does not live up to the standard set in 2002.

It’s not bad, so much as small. There are some interesting bits, including a Sydney Opera House at semi minifig scale (which is well within the scope of many AFOLs (Kerry?)), and a section of the Great Wall at a similar scale. There is also an historial display, which while not terribly large, does highlight some of the traumatic events in Lego’s history.

There were some specials available at the show -

Hogwarts Castle ~$100, Republic Gunship ~$100, Jedi Starfighter ~$20

There were also signs of Tusken Raider encounter ~$10.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique