 Local / Australia / 11381
Re: clearance sale at Toys R Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 03:08:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
   This morning’s Courier-Mail had an advert that said “Huge $5 million clearance sale now on at Toys R Us”. No other details were given about Lego or otherwise.

Being cynical, I presume $5 million is what TRU hopes to make in huge profits from the sale!

Disclosures: none.

A TRU ad in today’s Telegraph had ‘Selected LEGO 40% off’ (or maybe it was ‘Selected LEGO up to 40% off’).

While I think TRU would probably ‘select’ different LEGO to me for a 40% off sale, it sounds promising.

Or it would, if I hadn’t exceeded my LEGO budget and the available storage space in our house.

Disclosures: None. But I’d like to take the opportunity to point out that I’m not a Telegraph reader. Well, I was on this occasion, but that was only because it was the only paper available at my lunch venue (which had switched from Coke to Pepsi in the last few days - making me not very happy). I read and recommended the Sydney Morning Herald.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique